Monday, July 2, 2018

Epiphany~

I had an epiphany this weekend and gotta share. It seems the bolder I get the easier it is to be bold. Fears and cares are rolling off of me.
I was sitting at the graduation party for my niece and was talking to two other nieces and my sister-in-law when the topic of my clothes came up. 
Because of the heat (94 degrees) and my fear of wearing my fat arms bare in public it had been quite a chore to find something comfy to wear.

I settled on a RTW top and my Cara's. Cute and comfy for the win!




I was explaining that something as simple as making my clothes and dressing my style has made me happier than I have ever been and my S-I-L said, "I can tell."

All three of them had naked upper arms I mentioned how I feel it is silly of me to have come this far and still be wary of exposing my upper arms. Suddenly, it occurred to me that I sometimes wear wrinkled bed sheets for crying out loud so arms should not be that hard and I said so. We all had a good laugh. I do love hanging out with like minded women.
Today while struggling to find something to wear that would not be sweltering I made the decision to bare my arms. AND I DID. The funny thing is that not even one time did it occur to me that my arms were out in all their glory!
The heat and sweat plus the fact that this sheet was a horrid fabric does the Cara that it is no justice. But....ta-da!
I share this to encourage you. Be bold. Be brave. Be you!



Yours,


 Phyllis aka Queen Sheet




No comments:

Post a Comment